Meet your new favorite soup recipe for the fall y’all! White Chicken Chili Soup is a recipe that I make several times each year. Not only is it delicious & healthy, but it’s also one of the EASIEST recipes of all time! The base of the soup (not including the garnishes) consists of only SIX INGREDIENTS! How easy is that?!
Now, if you make this soup then it’s pretty much guaranteed that you need to also make my Green Chile Cornbread Muffins
It’s kind of insane how much flavor is in this soup, considering it only has six ingredients! The two main contributors to all of the delicious flavor come from the salsa verde and cumin. This soup is the PERFECT weeknight meal when you are wanting dinner to be ready in 20 minutes or less! I love that the cornbread is also ready in twenty minutes, so they are ready to be served at the exact same time. Enjoy y’all!
This soup is the PERFECT weeknight meal when you are wanting dinner to be ready in 20 minutes or less!
White Chicken Chili Soup
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
6 cups chicken broth or stock
2 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained
2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde (store-bought)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 ounces diced green chiles
4 cups shredded meat from 1 rotisserie chicken (store-bought)
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Mexican shredded cheese
- Add chicken stock, Great Northern beans, salsa verde, cumin, and shredded chicken to a dutch oven or stockpot.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling (about 10 minutes).
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into individual soup bowls and top with cilantro, Mexican shredded cheese, diced avocado, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with my Green Chile Cornbread Muffins.