Y’all — I’m SO excited to finally share the recipe for my Valentine Blondies! This is the perfect treat to make for a special someone or just yourself! 😉 My favorite thing about blondies is how they are gooey on the inside, but just a little crisp on the outside. If you’ve never tasted one, think of a brownie made with chocolate chip cookie dough. Can you think of a better combination?!
The texture of these bars is perfection! I like to use a combination of mini chocolate chips, Valentine M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles of course! 🙂
I highly recommend using a knife to spread out the dough, so the blondies will bake evenly. It will be very thick and sticky! If you’ve ever made cookie dough or brownies before with sprinkles, they typically sink toward the bottom as they bake. To prevent this from happening, I always sprinkle a few additional M&Ms and sprinkles on top just before baking!
For any friends & family who have tried my cookie cakes, this is the equivalent just in the form of bars instead! If you really want to go over the top, I highly suggest topping them with Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel topping.
Cannot wait for y’all to try this recipe! XOXO
YIELDS 12-16 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20-25 MINUTES
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, room temperature
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup M&Ms
¼ cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and line it all the way up the sides (use clips to hold it in place & remove them before baking).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the light brown sugar & granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer on low, slowly add the melted and cooled butter. Mix for about 30 seconds. Then add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until combined. (Be sure to let the eggs stand at room temperature for 1 hour before mixing into the batter. When they are room temperature, they’ll blend easily to make a seamless, even batter).
- Using a spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients ½ cup at a time.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Spread the dough in the baking pan lined with parchment paper (it will be thick and sticky). Use a knife to spread it evenly.
- Bake for exactly 20 minutes if you like your blondies gooey or a max of 25 minutes if you like them a little bit more done. Do not overbake or they will be dry!
- Let cool completely in the pan for at least 2 hours. (If you need to speed up the cooling time you can let them cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for another 45 minutes).
- Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan onto a cutting board. With a very sharp knife, cut into 12-16 squares.
Store in an air tight container for up to five days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram