This might be the easiest recipe I’ve ever posted on Petite Southern Kitchen y’all! These Peppermint Dark Chocolate Oreos were inspired by none other than my beloved Trader Joe’s! 😉 I picked up a package of what they call “Peppermint Joe Joe’s” a few weeks ago when I was back in Texas and my first thought was OMG I can totallyyyy make these at home!
The key is to use DOUBLE STUFFED OREOS! Why you may ask?? Well, since we’re adding even more chocolate to the Oreos by dunking them in dark chocolate it’s important that there is still an even balance of cream and chocolate!
If you have kiddos they will go CRAZY for these and love helping make them as well! Oh, and did I mention that non-bakers will also be obsessed this recipe?!
Since these can be made days in advance & taste just as good as they did on the day you made them, these cookies are PERFECT for Christmas gifts to exchange with friends, family, and neighbors!
Peppermint Dark Chocolate Oreos
YIELDS 30 COOKIES
PREP TIME: 10-15 MINUTES
CHILL TIME: 2 HOURS
1 (15 ounce) package Double-Stuffed Oreos
12 ounces dark chocolate chips
½ cup crushed peppermints or candy canes
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Dip each Double Stuffed Oreo cookie into the melted dark chocolate, coating both sides.
- Use a large spoon to remove the cookie from the chocolate, shaking off the excess.
- Place the coated cookies on the cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint over every 6 cookies, while the chocolate is still warm.
- Once all of the cookies are coated and sprinkled with peppermint, place the cookie sheets in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight.
Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram