Is there anything better than juicy ripe nectarines when you are anxiously awaiting sunny days & spring weather?! Place them on a piece of artisan toasted bread, topped with sweetened vanilla ricotta cheese, and then drizzle them with honey. I mean how good does that sound?! 🍑🍯
One of the things I love most about this Nectarine Honey Tartine is I can whip it up in 5 minutes or less and it feels like such a TREAT! The flavors are out of this world and for some reason eating it makes me feel like I’m on vacay! 💁🏼♀️
This recipe has BRUNCH written all over it, but you could easily have this for lunch or an afternoon snack! Cannot wait for y’all to try! 🥰
Nectarine Honey Tartine
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5-10 MINUTES
4 slices artisan bread, such as Dave’s Killer Bread
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of coarse kosher salt
7-8 small nectarines or 4 large, make sure they are very ripe
Honey for drizzling
- Lightly toast each piece of bread using a toaster. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and salt with a spatula until combined.
- Spread ¼ cup of the ricotta cheese mixture on each piece of toast. It should look like a pillow 🙂 — AKA the perfect base for the nectarines!
- Thinly slice the nectarines and carefully arrange them on top of the ricotta.
- Drizzle generously with honey.
- Serve immediately!
If you can’t find ripe nectarines feel free to substitute them with PEACHES!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram