Let me introduce y’all to one of the FUNNEST desserts of all time — Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats! Not going to lie, these treats bring me straight back to 1st grade when I would bring one to school every single day for snack time. It was always a toss-up between a Rice Krispie Treat or the unforgettable Handi-Snacks Crackers & Spreadable Cheese Dip. Those were the days lol!
When coming up with this recipe — I asked myself… “How can I make Rice Krispie Treats that are super unique & unforgettable?” Well, you guessed it — Lucky Charms did the trick y’all! There is just something that is SO great about the crunch of the frosted cereal & colorful marshmallows combined with the crispy rice cereal! The combination is truly magical — adults & kids will go crazyyy for these!
It’s been a while since I made Rice Krispie Treats & I almost forgot how EASY they are to make & take less than 10 minutes to whip together!!! The only thing you have to allot for is time for them to cool & set at room temperature. Cannot wait for y’all to try these!
Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
YIELDS 9-12 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 8-10 MINUTES
COOL TIME: 1 ½ HOURS
3 cups Lucky Charms cereal
¼ cup Lucky Charms marshmallows, picked out separately from the box
3 cups Rice Krispie cereal
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
½ coarse kosher salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the Lucky Charms and Rice Krispie cereals. Set aside and reserve the ¼ cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows as a garnish.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the entire bag of mini marshmallows and stir constantly with a large spoon until completely melted. Immediately turn off the heat.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla quickly. Once combined, immediately pour the hot mixture over the cereals.
- Using an extra-large spatula, gently fold in the marshmallow mixture until combined.
- Lightly spray a 9×9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use a 9×13” pan if you like thinner rice krispies and want to feed more people.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the pan.
- Gently press the mixture into an even layer using a metal spatula. Using metal instead of rubber will prevent the mixture from sticking to the spatula.
- Sprinkle the reserved Lucky Charms marshmallows over the top and gently press them down so they stick.
- Let the rice krispies cool at room temperature for 1 ½ – 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap so that the rice krispies don’t dry out. Cut into squares just before serving.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram