Meet your new FAVORITE “no-bake” dessert y’all!!! This delicious Ice Cream Sandwich Tiramisu is filled with ALL. THE. THINGS. — coffee, salted caramel topping, heath bar, pecans, and freshly whipped cream! What could be wrong with that?! Absolutely nothing if you ask me! 😉
Drizzling a little bit of cold strong coffee over the ice cream sandwiches is my secret twist & makes this a tiramisu! Traditionally, tiramisu is made of ladyfingers (mini little sponge cakes) that are soaked in strong coffee. Since ice cream sandwiches have tiny little holes all over the surface, they are a PERFECT substitute & absorb the coffee beautifully!
Want to know one of the most appealing things about this dessert?! It can be made COMPLETELY in advance & stored in the freezer! I love nothing more than a make-ahead recipe when we are having people over. It takes off any added stress, and if it can be made a day or two beforehand I’m totally sold.
So clearly, I included the words “Ice Cream Sandwich” in the title of this recipe — BUT between you and me you could tell your guests that this is “Ice Cream Tiramisu” and leave “sandwich” out. They will think that you slaved away for hours in the kitchen lol. 😉 I wanted to be sure y’all knew though because using ice cream sandwiches makes this one of the EASIEST DESSERTS EVER! If you are needing to cater for a ton of people — look no further. This dessert is for you!!!
Ice Cream Sandwich Tiramisu
YIELDS 12-16 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
FREEZE TIME: 2 HOURS
24 ice cream sandwiches
⅓ cup cold strong coffee, divided
1 (11.5 ounce) jar salted caramel topping, such as Smucker’s
3 ounces Heath bar, chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
1 ½ cups heavy cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
Pinch of coarse kosher salt
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer 12 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of the dish. (I usually have to get creative a couple in half to get them all to fit. Just make sure they are a level layer.)
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of cold strong coffee. Use a pastry brush to spread it evenly. (Be gentle when doing this you don’t want the sandwiches to fall apart.)
- Next, evenly drizzle ⅓ cup of salted caramel topping over the sandwiches. Then sprinkle ⅓ cup of chopped pecans & 2 tablespoons of chopped Heath bar.
- Add a second layer of 12 ice cream sandwiches. Repeat with the drizzling 2-3 tablespoons of cold coffee, ⅓ cup salted caramel topping, ⅓ cup pecans and 2 tablespoons chopped Heath bar.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together cold heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the toppings.
- Drizzle the remaining salted caramel topping, ⅓ cup chopped pecans and 2 tablespoons of chopped Heath bar.
- Cover the plastic wrap & foil. Freeze for 2 hours until serving.
If you make this way ahead of time, make sure to take it out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving so it can thaw.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram