This time of year, especially around the holidays, there is nothing better than a hot savory dip to serve when friends & family are over! Add crab and BAM — it makes a dip 10x better in my opinion. I love crab meat y’all. It’s sweet, flakey, and DELICIOUS! I definitely got my love for it from my mom. Growing up she always made crab quiche and it was one of my most requested dinners as a kid. And now my husband is a huge fan! Get my recipe for CRAB QUICHE here!
For whatever reason, when I’m at a restaurant and see anything with crab on the menu, I’m always drawn towards it. It’s definitely a treat in my book! I do want to also note that is it TOTALLY okay to use imitation crab meat in this recipe! I’ve tried both and they are equally delicious. Obviously, imitation crab it’s much more affordable, which is always a win! 🙂
What makes this hot dip SUPER decadent are all of the cheeses, sour cream, and the secret ingredient is actually mayonnaise! Just trust me on this one! 😉 You would NEVER know unless someone told you.
If you haven’t tried Ritz Crisp & Thins you are missing out! They are basically a baked Ritz chip. My mother-in-law & sister-in-law serve these with dips all the time and I got the idea to pair them with this dip from them! Sourdough bread would also be great to serve alongside it. I love that I can make this ahead of time, which is essential around the holidays! Enjoy y’all!
Juliska is 25% right now at Neiman Marcus!
Shop my dishes below!
Hot Crab Dip
YIELDS 8-10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25-30 MINUTES
1 heaping cup mayonnaise
1 heaping cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup shredded Parmesan
½ cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
12-16 ounces flaked fresh crab meat or imitation
Red pepper flakes for garnish
Ritz Crisp & Thins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, white cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce on medium-low speed until completely combined.
- Add the flaked crab meat and mix until combined. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Spray a 1.5 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the crab mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle the top with red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and serve warm with Ritz Crisp & Thins or sourdough bread.
To Make Ahead:
Make the dish entirely except for baking it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 1-2 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram