Meet your new favorite appetizer y’all — Honey, Fig, Pistachio Goat Cheese. This can be thrown together in less than 5 minutes which makes it EVEN BETTER! It’s definitely the perfect combo of SALTY & SWEET! 🙂
The combination of the tangy goat cheese + fig preserves + honey + chopped pistachios is AMAZING. Not only are the flavors great together, but all of the different textures are perfection. I love the creaminess of the goat cheese combined with the crunchy pistachios & the smooth sweet honey. Okay, now my mouth is watering just writing about it. 😉
I first made this a little over a year ago when I was having some girlfriends over for dinner. I had made the entire meal ahead of time since it was on a weeknight, and I needed an appetizer that could literally be thrown together in NO TIME after getting off of work. If you are looking for an EASY appetizer that is sure to impress your guests — look no further y’all!
This appetizer is great to serve at any time of the year, but I especially LOVE it in the fall & around the holidays! If it’s SUPER COLD outside I like to heat up the fig preserves in a saucepan over low heat before spooning it over the top. Bon appétit y’all!
Honey, Fig, Pistachio Goat Cheese
YIELDS 8 SERVINGS
THAW TIME: 60 MINUTES
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
1 (8 ounce) goat cheese log
4 tablespoons honey, divided
¼ cup roughly chopped pistachios, divided
¼ cup fig preserves
Water crackers for serving
- Take the goat cheese out of the refrigerator to thaw at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of honey on a serving platter (the width and length of the log of goat cheese).
- Place the thawed goat cheese on top of the drizzled honey. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of honey over the top of the goat cheese.
- Immediately sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the top so they will stick & use your hands to place some of the pistachios on the sides. Reserve 1 tablespoon to sprinkle over the fig preserves.
- Gently spoon the fig preserves over the top and sprinkle the remaining tablespoons of pistachios.
- Serve immediately with water crackers.
If you are serving this appetizer in the winter I like to slightly warm up the fig preserves in a saucepan over low heat.