These delicious croissants only require four ingredients y’all! Not to mention, they only take a total of 30 minutes to prepare AND bake!
Ham & cheese croissants are the perfect breakfast item if you are wanting something sweet and savory! Frozen puff pastry comes in strong again for the win in this recipe. I love to store these after they are baked in the refrigerator and reheat them in the oven while I am making coffee. 🙂
I’ve included a picture below of how to arrange the cheese and ham so that everything rolls up nice and tightly!
Ham & Cheese Croissants
YIELDS 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
1 package frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets (thawed if frozen)
8 slices Swiss cheese
8 thin slices of smoked ham
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a clean, cool surface, unfold one pasty sheet and cut in half. Then cut each half into triangles.
- Diagonally cut each slice of Swiss cheese in half, making two triangles. Place two triangles of cheese on each triangle of pastry.
- Diagonally cut each slice of smoked ham in half. Place two pieces of ham on each triangle. Resist the urge to overfill!
- Tightly roll the pastry beginning with the bottom edge (about 4 inches wide).
- Gently fold the tips of the pastry under. Repeat with the remaining triangles.
- Repeat whole process with second piece of pastry.
- Gently lift the croissants on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The parchment paper will prevent the pastry from sticking to the pan and will catch any cheese that melts out.
- Lightly beat the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water.
- Brush each pastry with the egg wash, using a pastry brush. Be sure to glaze the tops completely.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the croissants are puffed and golden all over.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Refrigerate in air tight container for up to 3 days.