One of the things I’ve missed the most during COVID-19 is eating at my favorite local restaurants. And I especially miss going out to lunch with my girlfriends! My favorite spot for lunch in Jackson is Crazy Cat — they have everything from strawberry salad, to daily quiche specials, and always the BEST dessert options. My go-to order is their Ham & Asparagus Quiche with a strawberry salad. I’ve been missing it so much I decided to create my own recipe at home and it is DELICIOUS y’all!
SHOP THE POST
One of my favorite things about quiche is it’s so versatile. It is perfect for breakfast, lunch OR dinner!
The key to this particular quiche is sauteing the asparagus and smoked ham. Once the ham is browned it forms a caramelized crust that is absolutely mouthwatering. I think this was the key to my husband loving this recipe so much.
Ham & asparagus make a great flavor combination and are so perfect for spring & summer. Enjoy!!
Ham & Asparagus Quiche
YIELDS 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 20-25 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 60-70 MINUTES
1 store-bought pie crust, slightly thawed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 stalks asparagus, bottoms trimmed off and cut into ½” pieces
½ pound black forest smoked ham, cubed
7 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire
2 cups freshly grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped asparagus and cubed ham. Cook for 8 minutes over medium heat, until the ham is browned. Take off the heat.
- Line a plate with paper towels and pour the ham & asparagus mixture onto the plate to let drain & cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire. Beat until combined.
- Use a spatula to mix in the swiss cheese.
- Then fold in the cooked asparagus and ham.
- Roll out the store-bought pie crust in a deep-dish pie pan.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture, make sure ingredients are spread out evenly.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and bake for another 10-20 minutes until the middle of the quiche is set.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Be sure to use a deep-dish pie pan. A bottomless tart or cake pan is another great option and makes the quiche look beautiful!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram