I don’t know about y’all, but I’m obsessed with all things SPRING right now! After a long dreary “winter” I am so thankful for warmer temps, blooming flowers, and longer days!
I couldn’t resist making these Easter / Spring Blondies this past weekend1 The weather here in Mississippi was PERFECTION and I just happened to find the cutest sprinkles at Homegoods (meant to be)!
I’m sure you recognize these blondies from Valentine’s Day! I just swapped out regular M&Ms for dark chocolate Easter M&M’s and more colorful sprinkles! One of the things I love the most about this recipe is how versatile it is! If you don’t have mini chocolate chips you can most definitely use regular ones. 🙂
If you didn’t get to make these around Valentine’s Day then now is your chance! These blondies are perfect for so many different occasions — dessert with ice cream, teacher gifts, party favors, or treats for co-workers! One thing is for sure — everyone will love them especially kiddos! Enjoy y’all!
YIELDS 12-16 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20-25 MINUTES
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, room temperature
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup dark chocolate Easter M&Ms
¼ cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and line it all the way up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the light brown sugar & granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer on low, slowly add the melted and cooled butter. Mix for about 30 seconds. Then add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until combined. (Be sure to let the eggs stand at room temperature for 1 hour before mixing into the batter. When they are room temperature, they’ll blend easily to make a seamless, even batter).
- Using a spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients ½ cup at a time.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Spread the dough in the baking pan lined with parchment paper (it will be thick and sticky). Use a knife to spread it evenly.
- Bake for exactly 20 minutes if you like your blondies gooey or a max of 25 minutes if you like them a little bit more done. Do not overbake or they will be dry!
- Let cool completely in the pan for at least 2 hours. (If you need to speed up the cooling time you can let them cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for another 45 minutes).
- Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan onto a cutting board. With a very sharp knife, cut into 12-16 squares.
Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram