I’m so excited to introduce y’all to a super colorful, fun, and delicious salad that can be served several different ways — Crawfish Confetti Salad! It’s beyond perfect for summer and can be served by itself, as a garnish on top of baked fish, or as a salsa dip with tortilla chips.
How fun are all of the bright colors in this salad?! I love that this dish can be dressed up or down. It would be a perfect side at a summer BBQ or beautiful served on top of a filet of fish topped with a butter sauce.
The flavors in this confetti salad literally POP in your mouth. I love how fresh it is, especially when it’s super hot outside!
One of the keys to the amazing flavor in this salad is the Creole Seasoning. If you can’t find it in your local grocery store then I would highly recommend ordering it on Amazon. Enjoy y’all!
Crawfish Confetti Salad
YIELDS 8-10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15-20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
CHILL TIME: 1 ½ HOURS
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 ounces frozen peeled crawfish tails, thawed
16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
2 jalapenos, seeded & finely diced
¼ cup finely minced fresh cilantro
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons Creole seasoning
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the thawed crawfish tails and stir until heated through (about 3-5 minutes). Place in an air-tight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, add the thawed corn, red & orange diced bell peppers, diced jalapenos, and minced cilantro. Gently stir together with a large spatula.
- Fold in the cooked & chilled crawfish.
- Add the red wine vinegar and vegetable oil. Toss to coat.
- Lastly add the Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Chill for about 30-60 minutes before serving.
When dicing the vegetables, try to cut them all the same size.
This makes a great garnish served over fish with a butter sauce or as a salsa dip with tortilla chips!
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram