HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y’ALL!! Did you know that it happens to be National Caramel Apple Day too?! I’m SO glad it is because this showstopper dessert was 100% inspired by it!! Are you looking for an easy & fast dessert to take to a Halloween party tonight or make for your family?! Look no further THIS. IS. IT.
For any party host, a no-bake dessert is always a WIN because it’s foolproof and can be made ahead of time. This Caramel Apple Samoa Cookie Trifle is both of those things but there is an EXTRA SPECIAL element to this dessert — the beauty is in the messiness / imperfection! 🥰
Samoa cookies bring me straight back to my childhood y’all — in the best possible way (minus the fact that I can easily consume 5+ cookies in one sitting). 😬 They are SO GOOD & kind of addicting lol. Not to mention they are the perfect pair with caramel apples! I used to think that you could only get them once a year, but did you know that pretty much all grocery stores carry them now?! They are usually called Coconut Dream Cookies and I can always find them on the cookie aisle!
Once you add in the creamy whipped mixture that consists of cream cheese, Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and freshly whipped cream it’s a total game-changer. Cannot wait for y’all to try this recipe! Bon appétit!
Many thanks to Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk for sponsoring this post and for making this a delicious trifle!
Caramel Apple & Samoa Cookie Trifle
YIELDS 12 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
CHILL TIME: 1-6 HOURS
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, (1 lemon)
2 tablespoons water
12 Granny smith apples
1 (11 ounce) jar salted caramel topping
32 Samoa cookies (2 boxes)
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
16 ounces heavy cream, cold
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Pinch of coarse kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice & water.
- Chop the apples into bite size pieces, leaving the skin on. Adding the apple to the lemon juice water mixture as you chop. Reserve half of an apple for garnishing the top.
- Toss the apples in the lemon juice & water mixture to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Cut each samoa cookie into 4 pieces. Set aside 4 cookies for the garnish.
- In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese and Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk until fluffy. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold together half of the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture using a large spatula. Cover the remaining whipped cream and place in the refrigerator until the last step.
- The trifle will have a total of 3 layers.
- To start, spread ⅓ of chopped apples in the bottom of the trifle dish. Then drizzle ⅓ of salted caramel topping, followed by ⅓ of Samoa cookies.
- Next, pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the cookies and spread evenly.
- Repeat with another layer of apples, caramel topping, Samoa cookies, and cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, top with remaining freshly whipped cream, apple slices & Samoa cookies.
This can be made up to 6 hours ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram