If I had to choose one food to live on the rest of my life it would probably be a grilled cheese! I mean it fills my three of my favorite food groups – cheese, bread, and butter!? Seriously y’all there are SO many endless ways to make a mouthwatering grilled cheese sandwich!
I highly recommend making this brie, fig, prosciutto grilled cheese. It’s by far my new favorite! This sandwich can really be taken up a notch by using lightly buttered sourdough bread. The combination of the tart sourdough matched with the sweet fig preserves is a match made in heaven! Not to mention the creamy brie and salty prosciutto. Buttering the outside of the sandwich will create those pretty grill marks when using a panini press! If you don’t have a panini press this sandwich can easily be grilled in a small skillet over medium heat.
Brie, Fig, Prosciutto Grilled Cheese
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 6 MINUTES
8 slices sourdough bread
1 jar fig preserves
8 ounces prosciutto, about 12 slices
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat panini press or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take two slices of bread and lightly butter the outside pieces.
- Spread one piece of bread with fig preserves.
- Layer 3-4 pieces of prosciutto.
- Top with three slices of Brie (it’s okay to leave the rind on).
- With the buttered sides facing out, place in a panini press for about 5 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. If toasting in a skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes for side.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram