These mini brie bites are PERFECT for the holidays y’all! And guess what the best part is… you only need FOUR INGREDIENTS! How great is that?!
BRIE + FIGS + PROSCIUTTO = one of my favorite flavors combos of all time! Y’all may remember my grilled cheese recipe I posted when I launch Petite Southern Kitchen back in January — click here for the recipe! These ingredients are SO simple, but beyond delicious!
I made these last week for my husband, Jaxon, and the words that came out of his mouth after he tried one were, “I could eat a thousand of these.” 😂 I was like GREAT lol — I took that as these are definitely “blog-worthy”! 😉
Just FYI — I can almost always find these mini phyllo shells in the frozen section at Walmart or Kroger. I’m kind of addicted to ordering my groceries online from Walmart because it is SO. DANG. EASY. and FREE! And not to mention, it comes in super handy around the holidays. Anything to save time is gold to me this time of year!
Brie Bites with Fig Preserves & Prosciutto
YIELDS 12 SERVINGS (2 PIECES PER GUEST)
PREP TIME: 5-10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 12 MINUTES
24 frozen phyllo shells
8 ounces brie
¼ cup fig preserves
4 ounces prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the frozen phyllo shells on two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or two baking dishes. They slide around easily so I used a baking dish.
- Remove the rind of the brie with a serrated knife. Slice the brie into ½-inch cubes. Place one cube in each phyllo shell.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the brie is slightly melted.
- Meanwhile, slice the prosciutto into 1”-2” pieces.
- Remove the phyllo shells from the oven and top each shell with ½ teaspoon of fig preserves and one piece of prosciutto.
- Bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Transfer brie bites to a serving tray.
The baking times for this appetizer are suggested. Be sure to check on the brie bites every 3-4 minutes. Some brie melts faster than others depending on which brand you purchase.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram