It’s ALL in the name y
You might be thinking that just because this is a grape “salad” it might be healthy. Well, let me be the first to break the news. The only thing that’s healthy about this is the grapes & pecans. 😉 But it is SO WORTH all the calories!
The inspiration from this recipe came from one of my favorite lunch spots, Chicken Salad Chick! If you haven’t been and are lucky enough to have one where you live, I would highly suggest it! I love all of their unique twists on classic southern dishes!
I will for sure be making this time & time again over the next few months this summer! The high temps & humidity are brutal here in Mississippi, so I’m always craving something cold & fresh in the summer! This is the PERFECT dish for a picnic, shower, or holiday weekend such as Memorial Day or the 4th of July! Enjoy!
Southern Grape Salad
YIELDS 12-16 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup sour cream
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 pounds seedless grapes (half red & half green)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Wash grapes and remove stems. Set aside to dry.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the sour cream. Then slowly add the sugar.
- Increase the speed to medium and continue to mix for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold the vanilla in by hand until it is completely combined. Do not over mix.
- Place the grapes in a large bowl, then pour the cream cheese dressing over the top. (The grapes must be completely dry).
- Using your hands, mix in the dressing until all of the grapes are completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the light brown sugar and chopped pecans with a fork.
- Sprinkle the topping over the grapes just before serving.
Store in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. Do not add the brown sugar & pecan mixture until just before serving!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram