I’m SO excited to introduce y’all to my all-time favorite cornbread recipe — Green Chile Cornbread Muffins! This is literally the EASIEST recipe and is completely FOOLPROOF! Double win. Oh, and did I mention that you can whip up the batter and get these muffins in the oven in 5 minutes or less!
This recipe was born several years ago when I was wanting a super flavorful cornbread to go along with my White Chicken Chili Soup (I’ll be posting that recipe later this week)! There is just something about making cornbread and soup in the fall that gives me all the feels and makes my heart so happy. 🙂 I literally make this cornbread a minimum of 10 times every single year — it’s one of my favorite go-to recipes!
I went back and forth on what to “officially” name this recipe because it’s basically a sweet & savory Mexican cornbread. Ultimately, I decided to call it Green Chile Cornbread since the green chiles are the star ingredient! 😉 One of the key elements to this recipe is using good ole’ Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. As many of you probably know, Jiffy is a super sweet cornbread & is the perfect match with the Mexican cheese, whole kernel corn, and green chiles.
Green Chile Cornbread Muffins
YIELDS 12 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
2 (8.5 ounce) boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
2 eggs, room temperature
⅔ cup milk
2 ounces diced green chiles
¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
¾ cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 12-well muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, eggs, and milk until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the green chiles, Mexican cheese, and corn.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan using a cookie dough scoop. Fill each well about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for exactly 20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
Be sure to use plain whole kernel corn — not sweet cream corn.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @petitesouthernkitchen on Instagram